2021 Virtual Conference dates:
Sat, June 26th – Thu, July 1
The YMCA Youth Conference on National Affairs was started in 1968 as a follow-up to the outstanding state’s Youth in Government programs conducted by the YMCA throughout the US. The success of the conference is directly attributed to the leadership of many YMCA Professionals and Laymen but primarily to the dedication of the Youth involved. Last year, young people from thirty-three states and the District of Columbia participated in the conference. National Affairs is a program of the YMCA of Montgomery, AL.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the 2021 conference will be virtual to accommodate the travel guidelines and procedures of all states. We are striving to provide a high-quality online experience while we are all safe at home. Please check with your State Delegation Director for more information.
- To gain an awareness of National concerns and issues.
- To increase understanding of Federal Government and its relation to State, National, and International matters
- To have and use a means for communicating concerns about National Affairs to appropriate persons and groups at Federal Government levels.
- To develop an increased understanding of needs, responsibilities, and opportunities.
- To work creatively together with young adults and adults
- To help youth and adults to better understand and strengthen their values for living through the Christian objectives of the YMCA.
- April 19th — Trip Director Preregistration Opens (Until April 30th)
- May 1st — Registration Opens
- May 26th — Student Leadership and Proposals due
- June 21st — Last Day to Combine or Amend (You Can Only Amend Your Own Proposal)
- TBD — PSGs (Will Occur The Week Before The Conference)
- June 26th – July 1st — The YMCA Conference On National Affairs