2022 YMCA (CONA) Conference on National Affairs dates:
Saturday, July 2nd – Thursday, July 7th
The YMCA Youth Conference on National Affairs was started in 1968 as a follow-up to the outstanding state’s Youth in Government programs conducted by the YMCA throughout the US. The success of the conference is directly attributed to the leadership of many YMCA Professionals and Laymen but primarily to the dedication of the Youth involved. Last year, young people from thirty-three states and the District of Columbia participated in the conference. National Affairs is a program of the YMCA of Montgomery, AL.
We are excited to announce that at this time the 2022 YMCA Conference on National Affairs will be held in-person at the Blue Ridge Assembly in Black Mountain, NC. We will update any Covid-19 guidelines and procedures as they relate to the Conference as we get closer to the Summer. We are striving for a quality in person Conference while still making sure we are safe and follow local safely guidelines and CDC recommendations. Please check with your State Delegation Director for more information.
- To gain an awareness of National concerns and issues.
- To increase understanding of Federal Government and its relation to State, National, and International matters
- To have and use a means for communicating concerns about National Affairs to appropriate persons and groups at Federal Government levels.
- To develop an increased understanding of needs, responsibilities, and opportunities.
- To work creatively together with young adults and adults
- To help youth and adults to better understand and strengthen their values for living through the Christian objectives of the YMCA.