2023 YMCA (CONA)
Conference On National Affairs
July 1-6, 2023
The YMCA Youth Conference on National Affairs was started in 1968 as a follow-up to the outstanding state’s Youth in Government programs conducted by the YMCA throughout the US. The success of the conference is directly attributed to the leadership of many YMCA Professionals and Laymen but primarily to the dedication of the Youth involved. Last year, young people from thirty-three states and the District of Columbia participated in the conference. National Affairs is a program of the YMCA of Montgomery, AL.
Once again we will be back on the Mountain!! We will update any Covid-19 guidelines and procedures as they relate to the Conference as we get closer to the Summer. We are striving for a quality in person Conference while still making sure we are safe and follow local safely guidelines and CDC recommendations. Please check with your State Delegation Director for more information.
- To gain an awareness of National concerns and issues.
- To increase understanding of Federal Government and its relation to State, National, and International matters
- To have and use a means for communicating concerns about National Affairs to appropriate persons and groups at Federal Government levels.
- To develop an increased understanding of needs, responsibilities, and opportunities.
- To work creatively together with young adults and adults
- To help youth and adults to better understand and strengthen their values for living through the Christian objectives of the YMCA.
JUNE 2 IS THE DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION, PROPOSAL SUBMISSION AND PAYMENT FROM DELEGATION.
For more information, please reach out the conference staff located in the Britton YMCA, a center in the YMCA of Greater Montgomery.